Sugar CRM Review
SugarCRM Partner Programs
As of late 2012, SugarCRM claimed over 300 global partners selling and/or supporting the most popular commercial open source CRM application. SugarCRM supports two partner programs - Partner Program (Reseller) and Powered By SugarCRM program (OEM) - with multiple membership levels (Gold, Silver and Bronze) with varying requirements and benefits.
Our review of the Reseller Parter Program seemed to indicate a larger volume of low volume partners. We were unable to find any OEM Program partners, however, these are normally much more limited as they are intended for a smaller audience of ISVs (independent software vendors) and VARs (value added resellers).
SugarCRM partner programs include the typical up-front and annual authorization fees - $10,000 annual fee for Gold member, $3,500 annual fee for Silver member and $2,000 for Bronze. The margins are in line with the member levels and provide a 25% product discount for Gold members, 20% discount for Silver members and 15% discount for Bronze members.
The basic requirements to be elibible for SugarCRM's Partner Program include the following:
- Established business organization with strong financial health
- CRM consulting and implementation experience
- Availability of sales and marketing people
- Strong fit between SugarCRM's Commercial Open Source applications and Partner's services
- Strong overlap between SugarCRM's and Partner's target audience or customer base
- Ability to create and maintain a pipeline of prospects and customers
- Client references
- Minimum of one sales person and one technical resource
In addition to the partner programs, SugarCRM provides SugarExchange - a marketplace for mass distribution of related third party products.